Coy’s Art features captivating compositions which come to life with a striking mix of realism and graphic lines, both bold and delicate.
With subjects ranging from the lighthearted to the intriguing, and themes usually centered around interconnections between people and the nature they dwell in, much of her art is heavily influenced by the beauty of the desert and it’s interplay with society.
At times the focus is shifted to contemplations of mortality depicted through whimsical and carefree skeletons inspired by Dia De Los Muertos. They capture movement through familiar yet novel characters, evoking memories of traditions and folklore of the past, and reminding us to live fuller, more joyous lives while we can.
The tangible, visible world and the unseen tangled tethered mess speak of an inner dialog that subconsciously forms connections with all it encounters.
Her talent for visual storytelling captivates
while provoking deeper contemplations.
Meet Coy Lowther, a native New Mexico descended from generations of creative women. From her earliest years, Coy has been drawn to and inspired by the beauty of the desert and the interconnections between nature and humanity.
She earned a BFA degree from NMSU and has been creating art in the region since. Her work has been shown throughout New Mexico and the southwest and featured in regional publications.
In 2020 and 2021 she was one of the artists involved in decorating downtown Las Cruces business windows for the holidays, and in 2022 was one of 27 NM artists invited to illustrate the NM Department of Cultural Affairs 2022 Activity Book, Tails & Tales.
In 2023, Coy was chosen as the first Arts and Cultural District Icon by the Las Cruces Arts and Cultural District (LCACD).
When she isn’t in her studio or at the Las Cruces Farmer’s Market, you can usually find her out supporting her community through the creation of stunning murals.
Coy in the News
You’ll Find Coy Here
Meet Coy and see an everchanging selection of her art at:
- The Las Cruces Farmer’s Market (221 N Main St, Las Cruces, NM 88001) on Saturdays in front of Coas bookstore from 8am-1pm
- The Fine Arts Flea Market on the Plaza (100 N Main St, Las Cruces, NM) the first Friday of each month from 5pm-9pm.
View collections of Coy’s Art at these galleries:
- Woody’s Gift Gallery (309 E. Organ Ave, Las Cruces, NM 88005) facebook only
- Agave Artist Gallery (2250 Calle De San Albino, Mesilla, NM 88046 https://agaveartists.com/
- Indulgence Bakery (2265 S. Main, Las Cruces, NM 88005) https://indulgencebakerycafe.com/
- The Frame and Art Center (1100 S. Main Street, Las Cruces, NM 88001) website down
Visit Coy’s murals throughout the region at:
- Coas Bookstore, 1101 South Solano Dr. Las Cruces, NM 88001
- Las Cruces Museum of Nature and Science 411 N Main Street, Las Cruces, NM 88001
- Picacho Brewery & Taproom, 2825 West Picacho Avenue, Las Cruces, New Mexico 88007
- Downtown Boneyard Cantina, 139 Main Street, Las Cruces, New Mexico 88001
- Icebox Brewing - North Main Taproom, 3231 North Main Street, Las Cruces, New Mexico 88001
- Hatch Valley Taproom, 119 E Hall Street, Hatch, New Mexico 87937
- Art with Heart mural, residential walking path off Hoagland Road, Las Cruces. NM 88005